How to Clean Temporary Files in TradeStation
In order to optimize the operation of the TradeStation platform, you must periodically perform a cleaning of the temporary files that accumulate and that can create inconveniences in the correct operation of the software. One of the files to remove is the Cache. This can be done in 2 ways.
- From Program Files:
- Go to
- Select the Cache folder, right click with the mousse and select Delete.
- Then go to the cache folder and perform the same procedure
- From the TradeStation Trading Platform:
- Go to the File / Preferences / Tradestation Network Preferences menu, as shown in the figure below.
2. Select the Cache window, as shown in the figure below, and enter the number of days you want to accumulate from the date. Once no specific data has been accessed in the specified number of days, that data will be deleted from the Cache memory. The number of days that can be entered varies from 0 to 20,000.
3. In the box below enter the number of days that TradeStation holds the historical data in a single file. The number of days that can be entered varies between 1 and 30. This only applies to the Times & Sales window. It is recommended to use the default setting of 7 days.
4. If you want to change the location of the file press the Browse button, otherwise the default location is the one that appears.
Clean Data to Use Automatic Strategies in TradeStation:
When using Automated Strategies or more commonly known as trading robots, and there are updates to install, we recommend going back to the following file:
In this opportunity select the TSSN file and clear the data that accumulates there, in this way forces the platform to reestablish the connection with the Trading app and look for the last update that has been installed of the strategy.
Updating Your TradeStation Trading Platform:
Make sure that the version of your TradeStation trading platform is the last updated update made, in this way ensures the correct operation of the entire system.
To do this follow the following procedure:
1. Select the Help window in the trading platform, there you will find many options that we can talk about on other occasions, in this case we will select TradeStation Update Manager.
2. The following window will then open, be sure to indicate that your trading platform is up to date. In the window below you can sign up for the test program for new beta versions of the platform, if you are passionate about this topic you may be interested in joining the program.